Garna Mejia, Reporter
Garna Mejia is an Arizona native thrilled to be in the Midwest.
Mejia joins the CBS 58 and Telemundo Wisconsin news teams from NBC affiliate KYMA News 11 in Yuma, Arizona.
While in the desert southwest, Mejia had the opportunity of covering a wide variety of stories- from the arrival of thousands of Haitian migrants to the U.S./Mexico border to covering the trial of the man accused of committing one of the region's most horrific crimes.
Mejia has always been curious about her surroundings. She is passionate about the events that affect and shape our lives.
Mejia majored in Liberal Arts at Southern Virginia University and studied Broadcast Production at The Film School at Scottsdale Community College.
To contact or share your stories with Garna, feel free to e-mail her at: email@example.com. You can also connect with her on Facebook and Twitter @GarnaMejia.
Articles by Garna Mejia
- Family speaks out after 14-year-old shot on porch near 36th and National
- New protocols for first responders in Milwaukee County amid growing Opioid epidemic
- County Budget Battle: Executives disagree over cutting programs or raising taxes
- Wauwatosa native celebrating Birthday in Vegas killed during mass shooting
- "Vehicle Vigilante" helping people get their stolen cars back
- Family speaks out after stray bullet enters home, injures 7-year-old getting ready for bed
- "My babies are gone:" Grandmother speaks out after children killed in fire
- Family speaks out; suspect now charged in fatal hit-and-run of bicyclist in Kenosha
- "She always had that smile:" Family remembering mother of two killed by drunk driver in Town of Lisbon
- New details: Club where 20-year-old was fatally shot had 3 reported incidents this year
- Ways to avoid getting scammed when helping victims of Harvey
- Second lawsuit filed in fight against prostitution
- UPDATE: Five stabbed on Milwaukee's south side including pregnant woman
- Man has car stolen by Craigslist customer in Brown Deer
- "It could have been much much worse:" Windshield smashed by rock thrown from highway overpass
- Milwaukee County prepares to sue over President Trump's threats to cut federal grants for sanctuary cities
- "It's been a nightmare:" Family speaks out after tainted liquor may to be blame for daughter's death at 5-star resort
- "His birthday is tomorrow:" Loved ones remember man killed after car crashes, splits in two
- Residents speak out against growing prostitution violence on the south side