Mark McPherson, Reporter
Mark McPherson joined the CBS 58 team in April of 2018 as an evening reporter.
Mark was born and raised in Minnesota, but has spent the past 14 years covering news throughout Wisconsin. He started in 2004 as a camera guy in La Crosse, and eventually worked his way up to 5 p.m. anchor. After 10 years, he moved farther into Wisconsin after he took a job in Wausau as a 6 & 10 anchor, before moving even farther east to take a job at CBS 58.
Mark attended Winona State University where he got a degree in Broadcast Journalism and Philosophy. He’s a hopeless politics junky who spends way too much time reading polls and following races all over the country.
He loves the outdoors, playing golf in the summer and skiing in the winter. He also enjoys Crossfit, and even won a local competition. He also spends a lot of time indoors finding documentaries on Netflix.
Being from Minnesota, Mark cheers for the Twins, Timberwolves, Wild, and Vikings. He was at the Minneapolis Miracle in 2018 before his Vikings once again broke his heart.
He always wants to hear a great news tip, so feel free to email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or find him on Twitter @NewsMarkMcP. Or just say hi when you see him out in public.
Articles by Mark McPherson
- 3 teens hurt in crash at 'dangerous' intersection
- Investigation into deadly Sun Prairie blast continues, life begins to return to normal
- Democratic candidates for Governor square off in debate
- Tariffs hurting dairy industry in Wisconsin
- "Absolute best, no other way to put it": Wife remembers fallen firefighter
- Retailer reacts to indoor vaping ban, alderman willing to make a change
- SPECIAL REPORT: Inhaling Chicago smog
- Milwaukee mom, activist save missing teen after disturbing video posted online
- Summerfest offers a break from a day filled with politics
- Visitors, commuters navigate road closures due to Summerfest, President's visit
- Presidential visit brings road closures on Summerfest opening night
- Sartori, Harley-Davidson feeling affects of tariffs
- Racine D.A. reverses decision on hemp products
- 2 drownings in one day in SE Wisconsin
- Deadly crash reignites talk of police chases
- Mayor Barrett on Chief Morales: "I think he's learning"
- Council members were not shown full Sterling Brown arrest video
- UPDATE: Woman killed in Wauwatosa crash identified
- Trinity Lutheran will be rebuilt, not demolished
- Military plane makes emergency landing at Mitchell International Airport
- Wisconsin rape kit backlog cleared, final kits sent to lab
- Dangerous driver hits several parked cars in Riverwest, stopped by neighbors
- MPD misconduct cost the city $22 million since 2015
- Analysis of Sterling Brown arrest video
- Possible release of police video gains national, local attention
- Family releases balloons to remember teen found dead
- Dump truck crashes through intersection, parking lot
- Trinity Lutheran church board meets to talk about moving forward
- In rubble of Trinity Lutheran Church fire, history survives
- Special Report: How to come up with the perfect passwords
- MPD members, citizens recognized at awards ceremony
- Mount Pleasant residents confront village board about Foxconn
- Plastic found in beer brewed with water from Great Lakes
- Washington County Sheriff's Office reports minor damage, no injuries during possible tornado
- UPDATE: 12-year-old student accused of making “hit list” expelled from school
- Cost of ambulance rides are rising
- "It was one against so many": Community reacts to violent arrest of man near 51st and Capitol
- Construction season turns political in Wisconsin
- Proposed change to Milwaukee housing rules has landlords worried
- "Everything is a total loss:" Devastating fire destroys two Kewaskum homes, damages others
- Contaminated drinking water at Milwaukee military base, 125 others