Shirley Descorbeth, Reporter
Shirley Descorbeth joined the CBS 58 news team in July 2018. A Chicagoan, she is thrilled to be near her hometown, covering the city of Milwaukee and its surrounding areas.
Previously, she spent three years chasing news in communities of Iowa, Illinois, and Southwestern Wisconsin. While there, her talents took her to the continent of Africa, to cover a series of stories in the country of Algeria. She also reported on numerous presidential campaign rallies and the devastating Iowa floods of 2016.
Before taking the leap of faith into television news, Shirley had a successful career in digital marketing, managing campaigns at the Chicago Sun-Times.
She received a master's degree in Public Affairs Reporting from the University of Illinois at Springfield. For undergrad, she graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a bachelors of science degree in Broadcast Journalism.
A lover of all things international, she grew up with an understanding of Spanish and Haitian-Creole.
Articles by Shirley Descorbeth
- Community members join effort to end gun violence
- Heavy rainfall causes flash flooding in Watertown, drivers rescued
- Several businesses affected by downtown Waukesha fire
- "Pop, pop, pop": Witnesses share details of officer-involved shooting
- Two years after unrest, Sherman Park Revival Celebration brings community together
- How much do you know? Preview to Tuesday's Primary
- Car wash fundraiser held for victim's family of fatal Swing Park shooting
- 16 charged with cocaine conspiracy in Fond du Lac, street value $9.6 million
- 'Slender Man' movie not playing in Milwaukee area
- Milwaukee gives Bird scooters time to have them voluntarily removed
- UPDATE: Milwaukee daycare shut down after surveillance shows 10-year-old beating up baby
- "I called 911 twice": Witness says fatal Lake Geneva accident could have been prevented
- "Really, very scary:" Neighbors react to fatal crash near 76th and Burleigh
- Sammie Miller sentenced to life in prison in killing of girlfriend
- Milwaukee County Supervisor Marcelia Nicholson back at work after OWI
- Three shot outside Racine bar Sunday morning, suspect in custody
- Unruly weather disrupts first day of Milwaukee Air & Water Show
- Air & Water Water Show starts tomorrow
- Racine restaurant dealing with mouse problem