Dog alerts Pewaukee family during house fire, no one hurt
PEWAUKEE, Wis. (CBS 58) – A family dog is credited with alerting a Pewaukee family their home was on fire, according to the Pewaukee Fire Department.
Authorities say the home near High St. and Lindsay Rd. caught on fire early Tuesday from a grill that was used the previous night. The fire spread from the porch to the basement.
Crews say the family dog alerted the people inside the home of the fire and everyone was able to get out unharmed.
Damage is estimated around $10,000-$15,000.