Irish Fest announces admission promotions
Milwaukee Irish Fest has announced the festival’s 2017 gate promotions. Guests can take advantage of discounted or free admission throughout the festival, which runs August 17-20 at Henry W. Maier Festival Park.
“Our mission is to share Celtic culture and heritage with the community, and in doing so we are committed to ensuring that the festival is affordable for everyone,” said Catherine Ward, interim executive director of CelticMKE, home of Milwaukee Irish Fest. “Our gate promotions this year offer up nine great ways to save all weekend long!”
2017 gate promotions include:
- Children’s Discount – Kids ages 12 and under are always free
- Senior Citizens’ Discount – Seniors (60+) get $15 admission (regularly $20)
- $5 Thursday – $5 general admission on Thursday, Aug. 17, including Gaelic Storm’s special Throwback Thursday performance
- Thursday Promotion – Free admission with a donation of school supplies for Hope House on Thursday, Aug. 17
- Half Price Friday - $10 general admission on Friday, Aug. 18
- Arthritis Foundation Run/Walk to Milwaukee Irish Fest - Register for the 2017 Run/Walk to Milwaukee Irish Fest and receive admission before 3 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 19
- College Day – College students receive $3 off general admission with a valid student ID between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 20
- Military Day – Free admission for active, reserve, retired and guard military personnel plus one guest with valid military ID on Sunday, Aug. 20
- Fests Feed Milwaukee – Anyone donating a non-perishable food item by 11 a.m. Sunday will receive free admission to the festival. Patrons are welcome to attend the Liturgy for Peace and Justice and will receive free admission to the festival immediately following the service. Those donating food who choose not to attend the service will receive a hand stamp valid for free entry at any time that day during regular festival hours (11 a.m. to 10 p.m.).
Two-Day Passes for Saturday and Sunday are also available and can be purchased online for only $30. To purchase advance tickets and to learn about special partner promotions and discounts, visit www.IrishFest.com.
General admission for the festival is $20, $15 for seniors 60+ and free for kids 12 and under.