Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Barn and some animals lost in late night fire

A barn fire in western Racine County was elevated to three alarms as high winds whipped the fire, quickly spreading flames throughout the structure.   The fire was reported around 11:20 PM Saturday in a large barn in the 2900 block of 124th Street in the Town of Raymond.  When firefighters arrived, one side of the structure was engulfed in flame, but the fire then spread throughout the building due to the strong winds.

Firefighters were able to rescue the cattle housed in the barn, but several swine died in the blaze.  Hay, and a number of vehicles were destroyed and the barn is considered a total loss.

The fire is believed to be electrical in nature, related to heat lamps which were used to keep pigs warm.

About a dozen fire departments were called to assist in battling the fire.   No firefighters were injured in battling the blaze.

Share this article: