Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Dehumidifier fire causes $15,000 worth of damages to home in Washington County

TOWN OF WAYNE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The owner of a single-family residence called the Washington County Sheriff's Office to report that a dehumidifier in her basement was on fire.

It happened around 11:21 a.m. on Monday in the 8500 block of Fairview Drive.

Firefighters quickly located and extinguished a small fire in the basement.

There were no reports of any injuries.

 The residence sustained approximately $15,000.00 in smoke damage.

An on-scene investigation revealed that the homeowner unplugged a portable dehumidifier after hearing it make a strange noise. A short time later, the homeowner observed that it had started on fire.

The cause of the fire is not believed to be suspicious. 

Share this article: