Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Breaking News

Student playing with lighter starts fire in boy's bathroom at Roosevelt Elementary

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Racine Police Department and Racine Fire Department are currently investigating a fire that started in the boy's bathroom of Roosevelt Elementary. 

It happened at 11:24 a.m. on Wednesday.

Upon arrival, crews observed light smoke in the front hallway on the first floor.

A fire extinguisher was used and the fire was contained to the bathroom.

All staff and students exited the school with no injuries reported.

The fire caused $6,000 in damages and was determined to be started by a student that was playing with a lighter.

Share this article: