Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Neighbors rescue Kenosha family of four from early morning fire

KENOSHA (CBS 58) -- Because of diligent neighbors, a Kenosha family of four is safe today following an early morning fire in their north side home.   According to the Kenosha Fire Department, around 12:30 AM, the neighbors noticed fire in a single family home on 29th Avenue near 48th Street.   They rushed to the burning house, kicked open a door and woke the family up.  The father and two children escaped the blaze through the front door, the mother, who was in the basement, was rescued through a basement window.   No one was injured in the fire.  The Red Cross was called to assist the family.

Officials said the fire began in an unattended outdoor fire pit.   A deck caught on fire and then extended to the house and into the kitchen.   Kenosha fire fighters were on scene for about two hours.   Damage to the home is estimated at about $30,000.   There were no working smoke detectors in the home.

Share this article:
Save with