Town of Ottawa home damaged by fire
An electrical spark ignited some flammable liquids and is suspected as the cause of a fire that damaged a rural Waukesha County home Thursday evening. According to a news release from the Western Lakes Fire District, contractors completing some electrical work on a home on McCoy Parkway in the Town of Ottawa reported the fire around 9 p.m. When firefighters arrive, smoke and flames were seen coming from the garage and exposed lower level of the building. The fire eventual extended to the second floor of the structure. The fire was brought under control by 9:44 p.m. The contractors told fire officials that they were completing electrical work when a spark ignited flammable liquids in the area. The two contractors were evaluated for smoke inhalation and possible burns, but did not require transport to the hospital. No firefighters were injured during the incident. The dollar amount of damage to the home was not provided. The Western Lakes Fire District was assisted by fire departments from Wale-Genessee, Town of Delafield, Lake County Fire and Rescue, Stone Bank, North Prairie, Eagle and Mukwonago. The Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department is continuing to investigate the incident.