National Bike to Work Week
National Bike to Work Week is back and this year it will be from May 13-May 19 with National Bike to Work Day being Friday, May 17. Biking to work has multiple benefits that most people are not aware of. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider biking to work:
- Biking to work is important because it increases happiness level and decreases stress and anxiety levels, which would lead to a better work period.
- Save money by: not having to fill up gas as often, not having to pay for a parking spot, paying for a gym membership, or health care costs AND if you bike to work at least three days a week, then the government gives you a $20 tax-free reimbursement a month!
- Save time by not having to go to the gym and waiting in traffic. Since you will be exercising on your way to and back from work, you can spend that evening with family or friends instead of hitting the gym. Riding a bike also is easier than driving because if you live in a traffic-filled area, then that cuts out your time to wake up early and account for traffic. Sleep in friends.
- Increase your cognitive skills, sharpen your memory and learning skills when you ride your bike because of the daily exercise and stimulation. And that’s right before work too, so you know it will come in handy.
- Increasing awareness for you and other bicyclists. The more people who are aware of bicyclists, the more they will be careful and watch for bicyclists, saving lives in the process.
Hupy and Abraham has represented hundreds of bicyclists who were injured during their ride. If you or a loved one has been affected by this, then please reach out to Hupy and Abraham at 1-800-800-5678, or visit us online at hupy.com for a free consultation.