City of Racine to hold trick-or-treating on Oct. 31
RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The city of Racine announced Thursday that trick-or-treating will be held from 5-7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 31.
Meanwhile, the health department is urging families to take precautions while celebrating during the ongoing pandemic.
“After every holiday, we continue to see spikes in cases because some individuals don’t remember to take the proper precautions to stay safe. So please remember to stay safe while celebrating Halloween and trick-or-treating this year,” said Public Health Administrator Dottie-Kay Bowersox.
The City of Racine Public Health Department offers the following guidance for trick-or-treaters this year:
- Avoid large gatherings and parties
- Have kids trick-or-treat in small groups
- Celebrate outdoors, not at indoor events
- Wear a mask or find a way to incorporate a mask into your costume
- Place individually bagged treats or candy out on a table instead of using large containers or bowls
- Stay home if ill or exposed to someone who is
- Use regular hand hygiene when trick-or-treating and before eating any treats