Milwaukee Health Department offering monkeypox vaccination appointments to eligible individuals
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- If you're concerned about monkeypox, there are more opportunities to be vaccinated here in southeast Wisconsin.
Starting Tuesday, Aug. 16, 800 appointments are available through Friday at the Menomonee Valley Drive-Thru Clinic (2401 W. St. Paul Ave.) but there are certain criteria you have to meet to qualify.
You'll need to be at least 18 years old and a Wisconsin resident, and any one of the following:
- People who had skin-to-skin contact with anyone diagnosed with monkeypox in the past two weeks
- People who were at an event where a monkeypox exposure happened within the past two weeks
- Men or trans women who have had sex with multiple male partners in the past two weeks
The city health department says you aren't eligible if you have a fever, chills, swollen glands or a new skin rash or lesions.
Vaccination appointments are available during the following time slots:
- Tuesday, Aug. 16: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 17: 12 – 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 18: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 19: 12 – 6 p.m.
You can make an appointment online by clicking here.