Warrant issued for porch pirate captured on doorbell camera stealing from West Allis neighborhood

Updated: 2:43 p.m. on Jan. 20, 2020

WEST ALLIS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Ismael Flores has been taken into custody.

------

Updated: 3:09 p.m. on Jan. 14, 2020

WEST ALLIS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Police say the man seen on a doorbell camera stealing from a West Allis neighborhood has been identified as 27-year-old Ismael Flores.

Flores is charged with theft, and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.

According to a criminal complaint, camera footage showed Flores take two packages from a porch near 96th and Washington Street in West Allis on Dec. 10.

The complaint says the total value of the items taken was $326.01.

Flores was identified as the individual taking the packages by an MPD officer who had dealt with him in the past, along with several other people who called in tips.

------

Updated 9:52 a.m.on Dec. 16, 2019

WEST ALLIS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Authorities have identified a suspect seen on doorbell surveillance stealing a package from a porch in West Allis.

The Ring doorbell camera captured clear video of a man stealing a large box on Tuesday, Dec. 10. The suspect is seen running away with the box and hopping into a vehicle with another person inside.

West Allis police said though the suspect has been identified, he is not in custody. Anyone with information is asked to contact officials.

------

Published: 9:55 a.m. on Dec. 11, 2019

WEST ALLIS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- With just a few weeks before Christmas, porch pirates appear to be hard at work in West Allis.

Police said they've received a series of theft reports from residents who've had packages stolen from their porches. In one instance, near 96th and Washington, a Ring doorbell camera captured a clear photo of a suspect stealing large boxes off a porch.

West Allis police said the theft happened around 4 p.m on Tuesday, Dec. 10.

Police describe the suspect as a Hispanic male, 20-30 years old, short and stocky, with long, curly, dark hair. He was last seen wearing a black knit hat,black short-sleeved shirt over a gray long-sleeved shirt, black pants, and black shoes.

The suspect got into the front passenger side of a black vehicle and it was apparent there was at least one other person in the car. The vehicle may be a 2014 Hyundai Sonata with tinted windows.

If you have information about this incident or know the identity of the suspect, please call us at (414) 302-8000 or remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at (414) 476-CASH.

Jay 46 days ago
This guy took my package from Amazon on the same day around 5:30pm. I caught him at the moment he took my package of my front porch. I yelled at him and he looked right at me and still ran off my the package full of things for my kids Christmas present. He's working with someone else who is driving the black four door car. The window was too dark to see the driver as it was dark already by 5:30pm. I hope this guy get caught soon as I want my package back.
PeterLapp 46 days ago
And yet he’s still out there steeling from others. A simple sting operation would end this assholes day
Matt 46 days ago
Here's a crazy idea.. if you're going to post a story like this, go the extra mile and zoom in and /or crop his face. Or make the pictures hyperlinks so we can open them. You give us just enough to not be helpful at all.