Archbishop prays for Minneapolis shooting victims during groundbreaking for 2 new Catholic schools in Milwaukee
-
2:26
Deadly crash near 36th and Mitchell in Milwaukee is second on...
-
0:42
Kids learned the importance of protecting our lakes at annual...
-
1:47
Behind the scenes of the rapid rise of MSOE’s swim program
-
2:46
Milwaukee church offers unique museum tour for Black History...
-
5:01
Surviving member of the ’Mader’s Entertainers’ returns...
-
4:15
Milwaukee Admirals, community groups celebrate Pride Night
-
1:12
Tendick Nature Park
-
4:28
Hartford native, All-Pro NFL player Quinn Meinerz surprises athletes...
-
3:42
Couples renew their vows after decades of marriage
-
5:55
Call Me Old Fashioned at the Racine Zoo!
-
3:58
Inside a Downtown Space Where Beauty, Wellness, and Entrepreneurship...
-
5:15
Reviews of ’Crime 101’ and ’Good Luck, Have Fun, Don’t...
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Milwaukee's archbishop addressed Milwaukee families about the deadly shooting at a Minneapolis Catholic school Wednesday, Aug. 27.
At a groundbreaking ceremony for two new Catholic schools in Milwaukee, Archbishop Jeffrey Grob led a moment of silence and prayer for the families impacted by the shooting in Minneapolis.
The archbishop said the diocese is continuing to monitor situations like this in terms of making sure church communities are safe in Milwaukee.
“There’s no balm that’s going to instantly fix any of this. It doesn’t mean that we can’t somehow do something," Archbishop Grob said.
The archbishop had previously said he knew the start of the school year is supposed to be a time of anticipation and new beginnings, which he hopes is not diminished by this tragedy.