Students dismissed early after electrical fire at Hadfield Elementary

WAUKESHA, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Kids at a Waukesha elementary school were sent home early Wednesday, March 15 after an electrical fire began in a hand dryer on the second floor. 

The school district says students and staff at Hadfield Elementary evacuated immediately.

The building was cleared by the fire department, but kids were dismissed early due to the smell of smoke.

In a statement Tuesday, the district said, in part, "We continue to work to clear the building of the smoke smell and will do further air quality testing later today and tomorrow as well via our Emergency Management Company (EMC) consultants."

They say they anticipate holding classes Thursday. 

Share this article: