Waukesha County parks not requiring fees over the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend
WAUKESHA, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Thanksgiving weekend has prompted Waukesha County officials to offer residents one more thing to be thankful for.
Entrance to all nine fee-based parks within Waukesha County will not require a daily permit or annual membership from sunrise on Friday, Nov. 25 through Sunday, Nov. 27 at 10:00 p.m. as part of the county's "Thankful for Parks Free Admission Weekend."
In a release announcing the fee-free weekend, Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow said that the people of Waukesha County have much to be thankful for already, but was eager to ensure the people of Waukesha gain an appreciation for the county's outdoor splendor, too.
“So, we’re having everybody over after Thanksgiving to take a breath and explore, rediscover, and share Waukesha County Parks with loved ones. There are three days to see what each park has to offer before buying your 2023 parks and lake access memberships. I hope you have the opportunity to stop by and check out our parks this weekend," said Farrow.
The fee-free weekend aligns with the county's 2023 annual park and lake access memberships going on sale on Friday, Nov. 25. The memberships will be valid from the date they are purchased until December 31, 2023.
Parks participating in the fee-free event include:
- Fox Brook Park, 2925 N. Barker Road, Brookfield, WI 53045
- Fox River Park, W264 S4500 River Road, Waukesha, WI 53189
- Menomonee Park, W220 N7884 Town Line Road, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
- Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Drive, Waukesha, WI 53186
- Mukwonago Park, S100W31900 County Hwy LO, Mukwonago, WI 53149
- Muskego Park, S83 W20370 Janesville Road, Muskego, WI 53150
- Naga-Waukee Park, 651 Hwy 83, Hartland, WI 53029
- Nashotah Park, W330 N5113 C.T.H. C, Nashotah, WI 53058
- Ryan Park, W262 N4656 Ryan Road, Pewaukee, WI 53072
More information, including information on purchasing a 2023 membership can be found online by clicking here.