After Falcons win, Packers officially eliminated from playoffs
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Following a win by the Atlanta Falcons on Monday, the Green Bay Packers have officially been eliminated from the playoffs.
The Falcons won 24-21 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
The last time the Packers did not make the playoffs was in 2008.
In the last eight years, the Packers have had a Super Bowl championship, two other trips to the NFC Championship Game, and six wild-card games.
The team holds a 3-2 record at Lambeau Field and a 6-5 record on the road which includes Super Bowl XLV in Dallas.
See the timeline below:
- 2009 – Packers lose wild-card in OT at Arizona Cardinals
- 2010 - Super Bowl championship (wins wild-card at Eagles, divisional at Falcons, NFC Championship at Bears, and vs. Steelers in Dallas)
- 2011 – Divisional loss at Lambeau against New York Giants
- 2012 - Wild-card win against Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau, divisional loss at San Francisco 49ers
- 2013 - Wild-card loss in Green Bay vs. 49ers
- 2014 - Divisional win vs. Dallas Cowboys, NFC Championship loss at Seattle Seahawks
- 2015 - Wild-card win at Redskins, divisional loss in overtime at Arizona Cardinals
- 2016 - Wild-card win vs. New York Giants, divisional win at Dallas Cowboys, NFC Championship loss at Atlanta Falcons.