East Locust Street and North Humboldt Boulevard will close from Aug. 10 to Sept. 2 for reconstruction work
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works (DPW) announced East Locust Street and North Humboldt Boulevard will close from Aug. 10 through Sept. 2 to complete reconstruction work.
The work is related to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) reconstruction project on North Humboldt Boulevard from East North Avenue to East Keefe Avenue.
- East Locust Street will be closed to thru traffic at North Humboldt Boulevard.
- Motorists are advised to use alternate routes, including East North Avenue and East Capitol Drive for east-westbound traffic.
- North-southbound traffic on North Humboldt Boulevard will be maintained.
- Local traffic to adjacent properties on East Locust Street, east of North Humboldt Boulevard, will be accessible from North Oakland Avenue. This includes the properties located on Humboldt Blvd. that access their driveways from the Locust Street alley. Short-term closures to this alley access are anticipated. Prior to any closures, a notice will be delivered to the affected properties.
- For MCTS bus route schedule and details, CLICK HERE.
Pedestrians and Bicyclists Detour:
- Pedestrians are advised to travel on the west side of North Humboldt Boulevard and cross at East Chambers Street or East Hadley Street to access properties on the east side.
- Westbound route for bicyclists: Cross at the signalized light at East Locust Street (near HACM Locust Court), travel through Gordon Park on Oak Leaf Trail, cross at East Hadley Street, head northbound on North Humboldt Boulevard back to East Locust Street.
- Eastbound route for bicyclists on East Locust Street: Travel southbound on North Humboldt Boulevard, cross at East Hadley Street, travel through Gordon Park on Oak Leaf Trail back to East Locust Street.
To learn more about the project, CLICK HERE.