Firefighters put out Thanksgiving fireplace blaze in Mequon

MEQUON, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The volunteers of the Mequon Fire Department responded to the report of a chimney fire at a home in the Solar Heights neighborhood in Mequon on Thursday, Nov. 25. 

Officials say the fire happened around 5:28 a.m. Thursday. 

Reports show that crews arrived on the scene and were able to extinguish a fire that had extended from the fireplace into the mantel and structure around the fireplace.

Authorities advise the public who are using fireplaces, candles and will have additional occupants in the house during the holidays to be careful with any open flames and that you have working smoke and CO detectors on each level of your residence.


Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?