Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Kenosha resident starts fire by tossing cigarette out second-story window of home

KENOSHA, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A fire in Kenosha Wednesday was started by the careless disposal of smoking materials.

The Kenosha Fire Department was called out to a home near 45th Street and 21st Avenue shortly before 7 p.m. for a report of a fire.

Upon arrival, it was discovered that there was a fire in a window frame with extension into the wall.

There was minor damage caused to the exterior of the home.

The fire department says cigarette butts discarded from a second story window lodged in the first floor window and started the fire. 

No one was displaced or injured.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

1 Comments

Post a comment
Vader75 72 days ago
Who just empty’s the ash ray out their window? No class ! That’s why neighborhoods look so crappie. Nobody cares anymore
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?