Shooting leads to large seizure of weapons in Racine
RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A shooting led the Racine Police Department to a significant amount of weapons, ammunition, and firearm-related paraphernalia.
According to police, on Saturday, Aug. 6, officers were called to Blaine Avenue, south of Kinzie Avenue, after a 49-year-old man reported he was shot at by a man named Calvin Gibson.
The 49-year-old officers he was driving when he saw Gibson behind him. According to the victim, Gibson shot at him and continued shooting at him as he drove away.
Following the report, officers located the vehicle Gibson was driving and a traffic stop was conducted. Gibson and his two passengers, 69-year-old Willie Gibson and 64-year-old Raymond Gibson, were arrested and taken in for questioning.
Officials say six .45 caliber spent casings were recovered from Calvin Gibson's pocket.
Calvin Gibson was arrested for:
- 1st Degree Reckless Endangering Safety
- Discharging Firearm/ Vehicle-Bldg/ Vehicle
- Possession of Firearm by Felon
- Possession of THC (2nd Offense)
Willie Gibson Jr. was arrested for:
- Straw Purchasing of Firearms- 2 counts
- Possession w/ Intent- Cocaine (5-15g)
- Possession of THC
- Aiding a Felon
Raymond Gibson was arrested for:
- Possession of Firearm by a Felon-9 counts
A search warrant was executed at the residences of all three men and a significant amount of weapons, ammunition and firearm-related paraphernalia was collected.
- Aero Precision AR-10 rifle
- Mossberg 500 12 gauge shotgun
- Anderson Manuf. AR-15 300 AAC rifle
- Anderson Manuf. AF-15 multi-cal. Rifle
- AR-15 300 AAC rifle- Ghost Gun
- Remington 700 300 Win Mag Sniper Configuration rifle
- Smith and Wesson Compass 308 rifle
- Mossberg 500 .410 gauge shotgun
- Marlin Model 60 .22LR rifle
- .45 Glock handgun and pistol magazines (3-13 round capacity/ 2-30 round capacity)
Also located were 18 80% lowers, two Anderson stripped AR-15 lowers, and boxes of tools and spare parts.
The Racine Police Department says it is clear the Gibsons were manufacturing firearms in one of their residences.