Adam Rife, Reporter
Adam Rife reports for CBS 58's evening newscasts.
He's worked in newsrooms in Illinois and Ohio, covering stories that get answers and create change. In the past few years he's reported on a deadly mass shooting, federal corruption investigations, and deadly storms that produced more than 20 tornadoes in one night. His investigative reporting on deadly child abuse cases changed how state agencies must handle reports of neglect and abuse. And he's covered countless campaign rallies and political events spanning three presidencies.
Previously, Adam was an anchor and statehouse reporter, anchoring election nights and inaugurations, moderating debates, and producing and anchoring breaking news and special programming. He began his broadcasting career in several Chicago newsrooms.
The move to CBS 58 marks a return to the Milwaukee area for Adam. His grandparents were born and raised in Port Washington and many family members still live throughout southeastern Wisconsin. He comes from a large, supportive family just over the state line in McHenry County, Illinois and friends and family live throughout the area. He holds a history degree, enjoys cooking and reading, and loves the Milwaukee area's history, hiking trails, and restaurants.
Connect with Adam on Twitter, Facebook, or email at email@example.com.
Articles by Adam Rife
- Marquette community on guard after recent string of armed robberies on campus
- Security video shows violent armed robbery attempt, victim now recovering after being shot twice
- Members of Milwaukee Police Supervisors' Organization to be vaccinated by Nov. 30
- Loud crowd not enough to spur Brewers to victory in Game 2 of the NLDS
- Trauma surgeons coping with daily gun violence victims: "this is a disease"
- Stolen minivan involved in rollover crash near 11th and Madison, police seek driver
- Milwaukee election official among several subpoenaed by election investigator
- Greenfield police release bodycam, dashcam video from officer-involved shooting on Aug. 22
- Family of hit-and-run victim is furious the alleged killer is out on bond
- Milwaukee County officials concerned as childhood cases of COVID-19 keep spiking
- Grocery shoppers coping with higher prices as stores grapple with supply chain issues
- Monthly AARP report shows Wisconsin COVID nursing home deaths increased five times
- UWM campus community angry with administration over response to racist video
- Riverside Theater marquee posts COVID information as county cases spike
- Sheboygan bars and hotels are prepped and ready for influx of Ryder Cup fans
- Donations pouring in for Afghan refugees at Fort McCoy, as allegations of mistreatment surface
- MPS mother says daughter may have been exposed to COVID-19 in class, district did not notify her
- Rash of violence continues in Milwaukee as city, police department and community search for answers
- At least one person shot after argument at north side Walmart, no innocent bystanders injured
- Dr. Jill Biden's planned visit to Milwaukee and vaccine requirements further politicize the pandemic
- Legal and medical experts weigh in on Biden administration's plan to require vaccinations
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino bringing back mask policy beginning Sept. 9
- New video shows moments after woman was shot and killed in car on Milwaukee's north side
- Armed suspect fatally shot by police after carjackings, pursuits in Franklin/Oak Creek identified
- Milwaukee's Office of Violence Prevention details how it will use requested $16.8 million
- Neighbors dodge bullets, respond to car crash in 'usually peaceful' Riverwest neighborhood
- Fractured family speaks out at two vigils honoring 12-year-old killed Sunday morning
- Hospitals face nursing shortages as another COVID surge looms, offer significant incentives
- Area veterans coping with pain, urging support after Afghanistan attacks
- Barrett nomination ignites chain reaction of political, economic fallout
- Dashcam video released after 14-year-old crashes stolen car after police chase
- Anger, frustration as Menomonee Falls parents talk masks at Board of Education meeting
- Giannis Antetokounmpo becomes minority owner of the Milwaukee Brewers
- New state data shows jump in breakthrough cases, hospitalizations last month
- Wisconsin Health Care Association opposes vaccine mandates for nursing home employees
- Bus driver shortage delays hundreds of MPS students
- Man killed in officer-involved shooting near 27th and Wright in Milwaukee
- Alderman Bauman blasts We Energies for slow power restoration