Bill Walsh, Anchor
CBS 58 - Bill joined CBS 58 in April of 2013, and was named 4pm, 9pm and 10pm anchor less than two years later. In January, 2017 Bill switched from the news at 4pm to the CBS 58 News at 5pm.
His broadcast career started in Rochester, MN as a weekend sports anchor for the NBC affiliate there. As a multimedia journalist, Bill photographed, edited, and wrote all his sports stories. While Bill loves to talk sports, his true passion lies in news.
He worked as a weekend news anchor for WKBT-TV in LaCrosse, and a reporter/fill-in anchor for WFRV-TV in Green Bay. As part of WFRV's coverage of the Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey trials, you'll see Bill in the controversial Netflix documentary "Making a Murderer" in Episodes 4 and 9.
During his time in Michigan as a reporter and 10pm anchor, one of Bill's stories made national news. A man who won $2-million in the lottery was still using food stamps.
In 2013, Bill jumped at the chance to get back to Wisconsin and work for WDJT. He had been to Milwaukee as a tourist dozens of times, and says he fell in love with Milwaukee at the Locust Street Fest-- with its collection of local music, art, and food. In fact Bill loved it so much he now lives in the Riverwest neighborhood.
Bill is from a split household- Mom is a Vikings fan, Dad is a Packers fan. Not one to disappoint either parent, Bill throws up his hands and just calls himself an avid Bucks and Brewers fan.
He is honored to help promote the United Performing Arts Fund in Southeast Wisconsin. As part of the partnership between CBS 58 and UPAF, Bill emceed the opening and closing ceremonies for the 2015 fundraising campaign, and the UPAF Ride for the Arts, and is thrilled to continue to advance such a worthy cause.
In his spare time, you might see Bill playing sand volleyball, going off-road in his Jeep, watching Steven Colbert, or catching local live music. Bill will also tell you his fantasy football and fantasy baseball teams are perennially dominant (editor: don't believe him).
Articles by Bill Walsh
- Special Report: Firefighters save lives -- but now the lives they need to save may be their own
- Stress of the Badge: How MPD is protecting officers, trying to reverse disturbing national trend
- World Series veteran Curtis Granderson discusses keys to successful postseason in one-on-one
- Former Packer LeRoy Butler participating in fundraiser to help kids get involved in the arts
- Golf outing helping families of fallen firefighters
- Special Report: How to get relief from those never-ending, unwanted robocalls
- Airlines cutting operating costs by helping planes lose weight
- Special Report: Drug dealers using Facebook groups to reach potential customers
- Exclusive: State Senator Lena Taylor speaks out after being cited for disorderly conduct, using racial slur towards bank teller
- Firefighter receives bone marrow transplant, grassroots search to save lives continues at Battle of the Badges
- Special Report: Should you hire someone to buy your next car?
- HQ Trivia gaining popularity, more people looking for ways to cheat
- "People like to travel in their own cars:" Two local entrepreneurs create new ride-sharing app
- Proposed law would put cameras in operating rooms
- Home security do's, and one big don't, to help protect your home
- New Glarus brewing WI values into every bottle
- A million dollar listing in Green Bay
- "It's bittersweet:" Charity golf tournament raises money for families of fallen firefighters
- Divers find shipwreck from 1929 in Lake Michigan
- Funding cut for Wisconsin missing persons and cold cases
- Baby Boxes: MKE battles co-sleeping deaths
- Mechanic shortage: six-figure income jobs available in SE WI
- Wisconsin trips that will make winter a wonderland
- New Gadgets Promise "Connected Christmas"
- Real or Artificial Christmas Tree? We Help You Decide
- 80,000 People in Milwaukee County Eligible for Open Enrollment Have Not Signed Up
- Simple steps to eat healthy and enjoy the holidays
- BBB warns shoppers to be savvy on Black Friday
- November 17th is World Pancreatic Cancer Day
- The Doctor is in to talk Men's Health and "Movember"
- Giving to Charity on Veterans Day? Do this first
- Need a STAY-cation? VISIT Milwaukee announces hotel deals
- Defender or pretender? Product video ad goes viral
- Calling all entrepreneurs: MKE Startup Week begins
- BBB Helps Veterans Make Smart Money Decisions
- The Doctor Is In To Help You Survive Fall Allergy Season
- Fall Is A Great Time to Travel Wisconsin
- Briggs and Al's Run Raises Money for Children's Hospital
- Wisconsin Native Pens Star Trek Novel Trilogy
- Ald. Borkowski Defends Common Council Public Safety Action Plan
- Dylan's Run To Raise Autism Awareness
- Meet Paul Ryan's Challenger this November
- Rep. Gwen Moore Talks About Milwaukee's Unrest
- Play Bingo, Help the Wisconsin Humane Society
- Bronzeville Week Kicks Off Saturday
- Tee it Up to Help Families of Fallen Firefighters
- Umphrey's McGee Live on the CBS58 News at 4
- Don't pay full price to get into Summerfest, do this instead
- June is Men's Health Awareness Month
- Door County Festival Season Starts
- Walk This Sunday to Fight Pancreatic Cancer
- BBB Website Tracks Local, National Scams
- May is Asthma Awareness Month
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to Walk For Children Saturday May 14
- Pug Fest Invades Milwaukee Area
- LeRoy Butler Talks Packers Rookies, Upcoming Fundraiser
- Marquette Professor Talks IKEA Impact
- State Sen. Taylor Calls for Special Session on Juvenile Corrections
- Happy Milwaukee Day! A preview of all the fun events
- AG Brad Schimel Vows to Fight Human Trafficking
- Mayor Tom Barrett Makes His Case for Re-Election
- GOP Candidate John Kasich Addresses Aaron Rodgers "Controversy"
- Mayoral Candidate Bob Donovan Talks Streetcar, Public Safety
- Local Students Battle in International Robotics Competition
- Brewers COO talks about "Hank" mystery on CBS 58 News at 4
- Local Restaurants Prepare for Fish Frys
- CBS 58 Big Road Trip Tours LA Coliseum
- Behind-the-Scenes of Betting on the Super Bowl
- Road Trip Team Meets with Jordy Nelson's Mom
- CBS 58 Big Road Trip Tours Nelson Family Locker Room
- CBS 58's Bill Walsh Tours Factory that makes Packers Helmets
- New Year, New You? Free Apps to Help Get Fit
- Chef Giada De Laurentiis to divorce
- "Most Valuable Calf?" Local doc weighs in on Rodgers injury
- New Brewers GM David Stearns Talks to CBS 58
- Brookfield Central Student Beats Cancer, Rules Hardwood
- Billy Gardell talks standup comedy, end of "Mike and Molly"
- AG Brad Schimel-- Milwaukee gun task force taking shape
- "Dating for nerds" hits MKE area next week
- Christmas Fantasy House helps kids, warms hearts