Bill Walsh, Anchor
Bill joined the team in April of 2013, and is a weekend anchor and investigative reporter with CBS 58.
His broadcast career started in Rochester, MN as a weekend sports anchor for the NBC affiliate there. As a multimedia journalist, Bill photographed, edited, and wrote all his sports stories. While Bill loves to talk sports, his true passion lies in news.
He worked as a weekend news anchor for WKBT-TV in LaCrosse, and a reporter/fill-in anchor for WFRV-TV in Green Bay. As part of WFRV's coverage of the Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey trials, you'll see Bill in the controversial Netflix documentary "Making a Murderer" in Episodes 4 and 9.
During his time in Michigan as a reporter and 10pm anchor, one of Bill's stories made national news. A man who won $2-million in the lottery was still using food stamps.
In 2013, Bill jumped at the chance to get back to Wisconsin and work for WDJT. He had been to Milwaukee as a tourist dozens of times, and says he fell in love with Milwaukee at the Locust Street Fest-- with its collection of local music, art, and food. In fact Bill loved it so much he now lives in the Riverwest neighborhood.
Bill is from a split household- Mom is a Vikings fan, Dad is a Packers fan. Not one to disappoint either parent, Bill throws up his hands and just calls himself an avid Bucks and Brewers fan.
He is honored to help promote the United Performing Arts Fund in Southeast Wisconsin. As part of the partnership between CBS 58 and UPAF, Bill emceed the opening and closing ceremonies for the 2015 fundraising campaign, and the UPAF Ride for the Arts, and is thrilled to continue to advance such a worthy cause.
In his spare time, you might see Bill playing sand volleyball, going off-road in his Jeep, watching Steven Colbert, or catching local live music. Bill will also tell you his fantasy football and fantasy baseball teams are perennially dominant (editor: don't believe him).
Articles by Bill Walsh
- 'I always tell people it's not a job': Behind the scenes at Fiserv Forum
- Behind the Scenes: Locker's Florist
- Behind the Scenes: Fiserv Forum
- Businesses cater to 'anti-valentine's' crowd
- It's 2024, where are the flying cars?
- Where are the modern holiday songs?
- Americans spend $9 billion yearly on unwanted gifts
- Is Taylor Swift the most famous Packers spectator?
- After a week of huge sales, wallet burnout
- Is turkey not being 'gobbled up' like it used to?
- A self-checkout rollback?
- What a blast! Wisconsin company home of the T-shirt cannon
- Flavor Flav gets mixed reviews for anthem performance
- 2 cold case murders in Menomonee Falls -- both decades old -- now solved
- Expert: Leave those leaves on the ground this fall
- Packers rewind -- 20 years since memorable Monday night game
- 'Think we can get it done': Brewers fans remain hopeful going into Game 2
- Do 'Taylor and Travis' have a chance?
- In search of the first tailgate
- Move-in day activates 'dad mode'
- School supplies, then and now
- Not a recliner -- but 'The Decliner'
- Twitter 'X' designed in Wisconsin
- Twitter to "X" inspires look at Milwaukee name changes
- Summerfest sues Twins, legal analyst predicts case outcome
- 40th Bastille Days has strong French connection
- Summerfest act or pasta? Concert goers stumped
- Jordan Love goes viral, still getting used to spotlight
- Bears lineman says Packers fans 'don't even know football'
- Professional cornhole tournament coming to Summerfest
- Condiment controversy: Does ketchup belong on a hot dog?
- Eye on AI: Voice cloning is easy and effective
- After 12 years, drivers excited to say goodbye to Zoo Interchange project
- For Mother's Day -- put mom in the picture!
- Mixed emotions from fans as Rodgers exits
- Code talk: Milwaukee shows appreciation for '414' designation
- New area code comes to Wisconsin; Milwaukee gives thanks for 414
- Researchers weigh in on what makes attack ads effective
- Meet Blue, MUPD's new community outreach dog
- DEA, local officials sound alarm about xylazine
- With Rodgers silent on next move, look to the stars?
- Rodgers to Jets stuck on the runway
- Milwaukee mayor heads to SXSW to promote city as tech hub
- Excitement builds as Marquette men head to Big East Tournament
- Milwaukee DPW driver involved in deadly crash suffered from seizures 'for 20 years'
- Rodgers' 'darkness retreat' has deep roots in religion, medicine
- Amazon introduces unlimited prescription drug plan
- Local lottery ticket worth $125K still unclaimed
- Mildest January on record sends Milwaukeeans outdoors
- 'Highly contagious' COVID variant headed to Wisconsin
- Packers offseason begins, so does Rodgers watch
- Wisconsin reacts to Hamlin injury
- What are your rights if your flight is delayed?
- FAST Fund gives diapers, peace of mind over holidays
- Local father whose son beat cancer is helping others do the same
- New police audio suggests communication delay for mother and daughter search in Northridge Lake investigation
- Wisconsin reacts to breakthrough in nuclear fusion research
- J. Leinenkugel's Barrel Yard set to open at AmFam Field in 2023
- City of Milwaukee breaks homicide record for 3rd straight year
- Evers and Republicans both want tax cuts, but different ones
- Former Badgers announcer remembers Brent Moss
- Wisconsin voters will weigh in on marijuana, guns on Election Day
- Police release video of Waukesha carjacking
- Rodgers stays coy about Tampa jumbotron
- Accused killer of Las Vegas journalist appears in court
- X-Golf to Open at AmFam Field
- County Board Committee approves free Election Day transit
- Groundbreaking Milwaukee photographer honored
- Racine students lock cellphones away for class
- Wisconsin dominates national mullet competition
- Kilbourn bridge tragedy: 'He held on for 1-2 minutes'
- Mayor Johnson names Hamilton new director of OVP
- Vos walks back primary night comments about Gableman
- Milwaukee gets another chance to host political convention after DNC dud in 2020
- GOP strategist: Wave of negative ads suggests close primary race
- Brewers fans react to Hader trade
- New luxury hotel headed to Deer District
- Researchers say 'jackpot fever' hides cruel truth about lotteries
- Packers shareholders trek to Lambeau
- Golfers tee up for National Fallen Firefighters Foundation