Alejandra Palacios, Reporter
Alejandra Palacios Pérez started working in June 2021 as a bilingual reporter for CBS 58 and Telemundo Wisconsin.
Alejandra was born in Cancun, Mexico but grew up in Minnesota most of her life. She calls herself a “Mexican-Minnesotan."
She goes to Mexico often to visit her big family in Mexico City.
Alejandra earned her bachelors degree in Journalism at the University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities.
She moved to Duluth, Minnesota in 2018 where she worked as a reporter for WDIO-TV for three years. She has covered a variety of stories there, starting with a big story just a few months on the job with the Husky refinery explosion in Superior, Wisconsin, where she was sent on a helicopter to cover the explosion.
She has also covered hard news stories during her time in Duluth, including George Floyd protests, the COVID-19 pandemic, the death of two K-9's, a fire at a synagogue, snowstorms, health, education, politics, and popular sporting events like Grandma’s Marathon and the John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon.
In her free time Alejandra enjoys traveling and exploring new areas. She loves to spend time with family and friends, go on walks, bike ride, try new foods and is especially excited about trying the great cheese and food in Wisconsin! She also enjoys catching up on her favorite shows on Netflix!
Alejandra says she moved to Milwaukee at the perfect time, with the Milwaukee Bucks in their prime and watching them win the NBA Championship. Although she’s in Wisconsin, she said she will always be loyal to her Minnesota Vikings.
Articles by Alejandra Palacios
- An afternoon with the Milwaukee Frenchies
- Foster Care Awareness Month: Milwaukee woman shares rewarding journey as a foster mom
- Wisconsin State Patrol steps up enforcement as national 'Click It or Ticket' campaign gets underway
- Local university students honored at college graduations
- Brewers star Christian Yelich bags groceries, surprises fans during 'kindnessinmke' event
- South Division High School creates quiet space for Muslim students to pray during Ramadan
- Great Milwaukee Victory Garden Blitz program installing garden beds for neighborhoods in need
- Tips for dog owners considering day care options
- Muslim community celebrates Eid with festival at Wisconsin State Fair grounds
- Milwaukee high school student has nursing license thanks to MPS college program
- UCC Memory Clinic detecting early signs of Alzheimer's, dementia and bridging gap in Milwaukee's Latino community
- Changes coming to Lakefront Brewery and outdoor beer garden
- Bakeries unite to sell confections for 'Bake for Ukraine MKE' fundraiser
- Early voting kicks off for spring election
- Local entrepreneur with Down syndrome inspires many with successful dog treat business
- Milwaukee man creates device to address car thefts
- Cinderella Project MKE is back to help send youth in need to prom
- Milwaukee-area bakeries donate Pi Day sales to support Ukraine
- Kenosha family taking legal action against hospitals after losing child to MRSA
- Greenfield church accepting donations for Ukrainian refugees in Moldova
- Racine family seeks help for getting son back home
- Social media post leads to cat being rescued from a tree
- Nicaraguan family asks for help with sudden death of brother in Wisconsin
- Fight continues over redistricting maps in Milwaukee
- Advocate Children's Hospital sees increase in pediatric Covid-19 cases
- CBS 58's Drive-Thru Food Drive collects 587 turkeys, 52K pounds of food for Hunger Task Force
- 2 officers shot responding to call at Radisson Hotel in Wauwatosa
- Aspen Dental gives back to veterans with free dental care procedures
- West Allis family creates haunted house for the community
- Day of the Dead 5K and festival brings community together to remember lost loved ones
- 'An artistic medium': Lego Brickworld Exposition makes a return to Milwaukee
- Street Angels Milwaukee volunteers partake in 48 hours of homelessness campaign to raise funds
- Wellness Body Mind Spirit Expo in Brown Deer focusing on wellbeing amid pandemic fatigue
- Milwaukee Public Museum welcomes underwater exploration exhibit 'Voyage to the Deep'
- Walkers raise awareness, funds for suicide prevention at Veterans Park
- Waukesha celebrates its 125th anniversary by 'unlocking' the city
- Marquette University 'Encuentros' mentoring program making a difference on Hispanic high school students
- Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon back in person on its 40th year
- Oak Creek Diversity event bringing community together through culture
- Dr. Ramallo's impact in Milwaukee's Latino community during COVID-19
- Thousands in pink head to Henry Maier Festival Park for Susan. G Komen's MORE THAN PINK Walk
- Just Between Friends kids consignment sale returns to Wisconsin Center
- UW-Milwaukee's Roberto Hernandez Center offers space for Latino, Hispanic students to connect
- Milwaukee's 2021 Walk to End Alzheimer's returns to in-person event at Summerfest grounds
- Multiple drive-thru flu shot clinic events happening with Froedtert & MCW
- Latino caricature artist helping underprivileged youth in community through art
- 9/11 memorial services in Milwaukee, Kewaskum bring community together
- 'An opportunity for everybody': Mexican Fiesta hosts successful vaccine clinics
- Sen. Baldwin, local art community speak on SVOG helping industry during pandemic
- 'It has gotten worse': Greenfield community reacts to deadly officer involved shooting
- First MPS football game in two years kicks off with Pewaukee and Riverside
- Wisconsin State Fair honors veterans and military personnel on last day of festivities
- Day 4 of storm cleanup efforts and power restorations continue
- Severe weekend weather causes power outages and damage to homes
- UMOS Back to School Fair distributes 1600 backpacks to families
- Stolen car bounty hunter facing felony charges for shooting of two teenagers
- Community members gather for vigil of teen fighting for her life after being shot in road rage incident
- Cleanup underway across SE Wisconsin after severe storms, tornadoes roll through
- Community members unite for peaceful protest on Cuba
- Blood drive honors Milwaukee Hispanic leader Maria Monreal Cameron
- Heal the Hood event focusing on ending violence and crime
- Milwaukee bakery shows support for Lopez, Bucks
- Elderly woman attacked by Walmart employee speaks out
- Cesar Chavez Drive business owners urge city leaders to stop reckless driving in their neighborhood