Kristen Barbaresi, Reporter
Kristen Barbaresi joined the CBS 58 team in March of 2016 as a reporter.
Kristen has spent her entire career thus far in Wisconsin. Before joining CBS 58, Kristen spent two years reporting in Madison, and two and a half years reporting and anchoring in La Crosse.
“I absolutely love Wisconsin, and I am so excited to continue reporting in this great state,” she says.
Kristen originally hails from Boston, but grew up primarily in Minnesota. She graduated from Saint Olaf College with a degree in Political Science. She then went on to earn a Master’s of Science in Journalism from Northwestern University.
Before entering the world of journalism, Kristen spent a year in AmeriCorps teaching reading at a low-income school.
“It was the most rewarding year,” she says. “I learned so much about the challenges facing low income students and schools. My kids taught me more than I could have ever taught them.”
Outside of work, Kristen enjoys trying new restaurants, working out and spending time outside. She also loves soccer and cheering on her favorite team, the New York Jets (though she has developed a love for Wisconsin teams as well).
Kristen is looking forward to exploring the Milwaukee area and can’t wait to spend the summer on the lakefront.
Kristen loves to hear from viewers! If you have story ideas, you can email her at email@example.com.
Articles by Kristen Barbaresi
- CBS 58 Investigates: Surge in online shopping scams during pandemic
- 'I’m just really grateful to be alive:' Woman set on fire in Waukesha speaks out
- Gov. Evers discouraged Biden's visit to Kenosha
- Officials: Man sets woman on fire in random Waukesha attack, hits elderly man with vehicle
- Pres. Trump's Kenosha visit remains mostly peaceful despite tension between supporters, protesters
- Most arrested during Kenosha protests not from city; National Guard troops remain on the ground
- Accused Kenosha shooter remains in Illinois, extradition delayed
- ACLU calls on Kenosha County officials to resign in wake of Jacob Blake shooting
- 17-year-old from Illinois arrested in connection to shooting that left 2 dead during Kenosha unrest
- Democrats attend watch party at Milwaukee County Zoo on final night of DNC
- Leaders say Black voter turnout could determine 2020 election
- Inside Wisconsin delegates' at-home conventions
- 'It really sucks:' Delegates disappointed by virtual convention
- CBS 58 Investigates: Milwaukee Fire and Police Commission fail to release public records
- Thousands still waiting for unemployment benefits
- FPC offers little explanation in Morales' demotion from chief to captain
- CBS 58 Investigates: Milwaukee homicide rates double as leaders clash over police funding
- Protester plans to sue Milwaukee police after controversial arrest
- Dr. Jill Biden hosts roundtable in Wisconsin
- West Bend police respond to viral video of student, school officer
- Suburban Milwaukee County bars, restaurants enter Phase C of reopening
- Peaceful protesters march streets of Waukesha in support of George Floyd
- 'Gravely concerning:' 15 kids injured, killed in Milwaukee gun violence over 2 month period
- CBS 58 Special Report: Simulation of germ spread and how to properly disinfect
- CBS 58 Special Report: Free trial scams
- CBS 58 Investigation lands conman in prison
- CBS 58 Investigates: Scammers target small businesses during pandemic
- CBS 58 Investigates: State cracks down on price gouging during pandemic
- CBS 58 Investigates: Don't fall for these COVID-19 scams
- Woman arrested after police chase, crash
- Dos and don’ts of getting, spending stimulus checks
- Pharmacies battling drug shortages amid COVID-19 crisis
- COVID-19 outbreak postpones Milwaukee County court dates
- CBS 58 Investigates: Bad Landlords
- CBS 58 Investigates: Reports of problems at the DMV continue
- CBS 58 Investigates: Criminal charges for bad contractors
- Jury finds former Cedarburg bartender guilty of drugging woman's drink
- CBS 58 Investigates: CBD Oil Production Dangers
- CBS 58 Investigates: Criminal ring inside DMV forging titles
- CBS 58 Investigates: Poorly plowed roads blamed on old equipment
- Protesters demonstrate outside Panther Arena during President Trump's rally
- One year later: Investigators open up about Jayme Closs case
- Charges filed against student who pointed gun at officers inside Waukesha South HS
- Student shot at Waukesha South High School had 2 pellet guns
- Holiday shopping season kicks off on Thanksgiving
- CBS 58 Investigates: Felon contractor using fake names, accents to fool customers
- CBS 58 Investigates: Is 'Pastor Dave' still scamming?
- 1999 homicide victim identified as 23-year-old Peggy Lynn Johnson; suspected killer charged
- Contractor rips up yards, rips off customers
- Here's exactly what you agree to when accepting terms and conditions
- CBS 58 Investigates: Online employment scams
- Milwaukee Health Department still facing challenges following lead program crisis
- CBS 58 Investigates: Horse boarding facility shut down in Racine County
- Proposed bill would update Wisconsin's hemp laws, ban hemp mislabeling
- Jayme Closs' captor to be sentenced Friday
- Special Report: What you need to do to pay less for your prescription drugs
- Shocking results: Do CBD products contain what they claim?
- People rush to file taxes before Monday deadline
- Common Council unanimously approves agreement for DNC
- CBS 58 Investigates: How safe are the squad cars driven by Milwaukee police officers?
- CBS 58 Investigates: Exposing phony reviews online
- Jayme Closs confessed abductor Jake Patterson waives preliminary hearing
- Jake Patterson to appear in court Wednesday
- CBS 58 Investigates: Customers claim contractor disappears mid-job
- Jayme Closs Case: Former WI Attorney General opens up about investigation
- Board upholds decision to fire Milwaukee Health Department employee who oversaw lead abatement projects
- Former Cedarburg bartender to stand trial for allegedly drugging woman
- Special Report: Drivers back on the road immediately after having license suspended, revoked
- Common Council President weighs in on failures within Milwaukee Health Department, lead program
- Special Report: Home rental scam making a comeback, targeting people across southeast Wisconsin
- CBS 58 Investigates: Cemetery refuses to move misplaced headstone
- CBS 58 Investigates: High suicide rates among doctors
- CBS 58 Investigates: Two suspected OWI deaths, two suspects set free because of police errors
- Health Department employee's "passive management style" contributed to program failures
- CBS 58 Investigates: 1 fired, 1 resigns after investigations into Milwaukee Lead Program
- CBS 58 Investigates: Aldermen react to explosive health department text messages
- 'If this gets out...We will be held to the grindstone:' Texts show top health department officials tried to keep lead program problems from public
- CBS 58 Investigates: Daycare driver had prior offense against a child
- CBS 58 Investigates: Milwaukee Health Department nurse suspended after failing to properly care for lead poisoned kids
- UPDATE: West Allis sergeant, officer suspended for violating department policy in OWI investigation